With the cabinets down and the walls out, we realized how large the room actually is!
We got the old ceramic floor up quite easily and were surprised to find a number of layers of linoleum underneath. My favourite is the red...I can't imagine having an entire kitchen with a red floor!
With so many layers of wallpaper, plaster and old sheet rock, we decided that the easiest solution for us would be to drywall over everything like we did in the dining room. Had we chosen to strip all of the wallpaper, we probably wouldn't have our new kitchen until 2017!
My brother has been here helping us with the drywall for the past few days, and we can really see things starting to come together now (which is a much better feeling than the moment when you realize that you no longer have a kitchen and will be eating microwave dinners for the next 6 weeks!)
Although things are pretty dusty right now, we're very happy with the progress that we have made over the past few days. We still have a lot to do, but knowing that we are putting things back together instead of tearing them apart is a good feeling!